Monday, January 14, 2008

New Storage Cabinet



On New Year's eve, Jon and I went to Ikea in search of a new display cabinet for my scooter collectibles. While there was a huge cabinet that would have looked great, the $300+ price tag was a bit much just to store my scooter toys. So, I ended up settling on the smaller Biby cabinet. It came in white or red, and while I was leaning towards Red, Jon convinced me that the white would look more industrial, almost like old dentist's furniture. So we got it and put it into Jon's new Honda Element. Once home he and our friend Christian put it together while I cooked out new year's eve gluten-free feast.

While our GF pot pies cooked, I stocked the cabinet and tried to divide my collectibles between the two cabinets. After about an hour I had my new cabinet stocked. The old cabinet (also an Ikea product, which is no longer produced) still had lots of stuff in it, all in disarray, but I was tuckered out and still had to serve dinner.

After dinner we celebrated the new year with some Dom Perignon and a roaring fire in the fireplace. I still haven't finished tidying up my old cabinet, but I'll post a photo of it anyway. : )

Wanna share photos of your collectibles? Send me an email!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice display! I just may pick one up myself if I have the time to visit Ikea. Do you happen to remember the dimensions of the box the new cabinet came in and approximately how heavy the whole thing was? I will need to figure out the best way to transport it home if it turns out the box it comes in is huge.

Thanks in advance! :)