Sunday, November 09, 2008

Scooter Collector Alert: Movie Posters

Recently I was doing some work on a new book of movie poster art called, "Art of the Modern Movie Poster" which collects 1,500 post-WWII film posters from 15 different countries/regions. It is a gorgeous book and a great gift for film buffs and collectors. The posters come from the collection of Posteritati, a shop in New York City. I spoke with the shop' owner and asked (of course) if he had any film posters with scooter on them. Coincidentally, he said that their website has a search tool where you can look up by subject and "vespas and scooters" is one of them. Tuns out that they have a few on sale there and I just had to buy one for my boyfriend for x-mas. Don't tell him. He won't find out here because he never reads my blog :( so for now it works.

If you are looking for a cool gift or just want to further add to your scooter items collection, check out Posteritati and bookmark it for future searches.

BTW- the book has a cool Quadrophenia poster that I'd love to get my hands on!


Here's the Ferry Across the Mercy poster that I bought. Apparently, in Argentina they prefer All are Well or Everything is Great:

No comments: