Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Poll is Closed

Well, my first poll wasn't a HUGE success, but it did yield some interesting results. Of course Quadrophenia won out as favorite film. I love it but didn't vote for it since it is too obvious and I have seen it a million times.

It was a dead heat between Repo Man, Saved!, and Roman Holiday. All great movies and all with memorable scooter scenes.

Slightly behind were American Pie and American Graffiti. Interesting since both have dorky guys who have problems getting their Vespas to run. I was thinking that both of them wore plaid shirts, but now that I think of it, I think Ron Howard wore the plaid in Graffiti, and Finch in Pie was wearing a jacket,so maybe my theory was false. Oh, another commonality: the scooter-riding character in Graffiti was nicknamed The Toad, but I think he told Candy Clark that is name was Tiger. Am I right on that one?

Well, anyways if you want to see a good list of films that have scooters in them, check out this page from the Santa Monica Scooter Club. It is quite comprehensive, but I noticed that The Legend of Billie Jean was missing. My poll overlooked The Talented Mister Ripley. For shame!

No comments: