Friday, October 02, 2009

New Amazon Widget: Songs to Sing While Scooting

Amazon has some cool widgets for websites. I just installed an MP3 playlist which has some of my favorite songs to sing while riding my scooter.

I have a terrible voice, even my boyfriend says so, so when I am scooting and in a great mood, I can sing out loud any song that I like. My full-face helmet keeps me hidden and no one is the wiser. However, once Jon and I tested helmet communication devices, and my secret was revealed when I forgot that he could hear me and I started to hum a song. Luckily, I hadn't broken out with "I, I, I, I, I'm so tired but I just can't lose my stride". I didn't feel so bad as he started singing, too. I bet many of you do it, too.

So, I made a mini playlist of songs that I like to sing when scooting. Check 'em out & feel free to leave a comment on which songs you like to sing.

Edwin Starr
"25 Miles": when this song is played at an all-nighter, the floor is packed. It's soul-kick-alicious! It has all the elements of a great crowd pleasing dance song. If it doesn't get your foot tapping, call a hearse.

The Who "I'm Free": I feel very free when I'm having a good scootin' day.

Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose "Treat Her Like a Lady": It's sexy and has a great call-and-response and a moving beat that has you wanting to move.

Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
"Beggin'": a very passionate and effective song.

The Damned
"The Shadow of Love": goth meets western in this awesome song that owes much to Rat Scabies' incessantly wonderful drumming.

I didn't have enough room to add another favorite: "Peace Frog" by The Doors.
Agree? Disagree? Got your own songs? Leave a comment!

No comments: