Monday, July 14, 2008

MSN Article Shows Complexity of Scooter Choice

I love scooters. I'm glad to see more people getting into the scooter frame of mind, but I often meet folks that just haven't thought it through all the way. I'm not one to dissuade a person form becoming a scooterist, but I think that if someone does he research and invests some time into the purchase s/he will end up with a better fitting scooter that will be with him/her for quite some time.

So I was pleased to see this story on MSN where new scooterist Tracy Harger put in some investigative work before buying a scooter. I'd suggest that those wanting to buy a scooter read and use it as inspiration for their scooter hunt. Scooters are a great way to get around town using minimal gas, but if you buy a new scooter it can take a while to see the savings if you are paying off a new scooter. So I say look at it from several points of view. Back in June, I ran a post which had some of my top reasons to ride a scooter. Fuel-efficiency was only one of them. I also posted some tips on buying a new scooter. If you are a new viewer of this blog, sgo back a few months and you'll find various postings that may help you with your new hobby/lifestyle. Also, feel free to send me an email if you would like.
Happy Scooting!

No comments: