Thursday, July 01, 2010

Farewell to Scooter World Magazine

Scooter World magazine has shuttered. See the note from publisher Bev:

Dear fellow scooter enthusiasts,
It's with sadness that I must tell you that I have decided to bring ScooterWorld Magazine to a close.
The climate for publishing has changed a great deal in the almost 7 years since our first issue and this, which began as a labor of love, is unfortunately no longer sustainable. The final issue was published in March, 2010.
I so appreciate the friendship and community that I have been lucky enough to become a part of through the magazine. The rallies, the rides, the conferences, and the correspondence is all something I will remember as the best aspect of this endeavor.
A special note of gratitude to the writers and everyone else who brought the pages life with every issue, and thanks to the advertisers who became great partners in the magazine. And another thanks to the scooter and accessory distributors, who provided us limitless access to products for reviews.
Finally, I want to express my sincere appreciation to the subscribers; without you the magazine would not have survived. If you sent a check as recently as December 2009, the check has been destroyed and the paypal account is no longer taking subscriptions.
Thank you and happy trails. I hope to see you on the road!
Best regards,
Bev
Bev Brinson
Publisher
Scooter World Magazine




No comments: